Harvard Developments is proud to announce that it has been named the winner of the 2014 “Business of the Year” award by the Regina Chamber of Commerce. The award was presented on April 2nd as part of the Annual Paragon Awards Banquet held in Regina, Saskatchewan.
The Business of the Year Award recognizes exceptional overall performance in the areas of customer service, community involvement and marketing and promotion. The award also recognizes local businesses that set an example for other businesses by the way they recognize and train their staff, mentor other entrepreneurs, and promote Regina as a place to do business. The other finalists for the award were distinguished companies PCL Construction and Fries Tallman Lumber.
2014 was a year of significant growth for Harvard, with many new projects coming to fruition in all areas of operations and community involvement. Highlights of the year include:
- The construction of Agriculture Place, a new 10-storey office tower in downtown Regina
- City council approval for Harvard’s new mixed-use residential community Westerra.
- Redevelopment plans and approval for Lakeshore Mall
- Continued growth and development in retail sites Grasslands, Normanview and Kramer Boulevard.
- Leadership and volunteer support with the United Way’s “Summer Success” Program
- Sponsorship and support of the Mackenzie Art Gallery’s “In the Alley” exhibit, showcasing the work of local artist Wilf Perreault.Further community involvement initiatives including CIBC Run for the Cure, FCC “Drive Away Hunger Program”, Children’s Hospital Radiothon, etc.
Other notable award winners were Grasslands tenant COBS bread (New Business Venture Award) and Hill Tower I tenant Manpower Group (Diversity Award).
For the full list of Paragon Award winners, please visit the Regina Chamber of Commerce website at www.reginachamber.com